Red Shoes (Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray].
6 new from 27.033 €
, used from 28.58 €.
from February 5, 2021, at 1:15 a.m.
The Criterion Collection released Red Shoes on Blu-ray on July 20, 2010. Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger directed the film with Anton Walbrook, Marius Goring and Moira Shearer.
Synopsis of the film Red Shoes.
Red Shoes, an extraordinary fantasy by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger, is the preeminent behind-the-scenes film drama and one of the most lavish Technicolor spectacles ever composed for the screen. Moira Shearer is an aspiring star ballerina who is tossed back and forth between an idealistic composer and a ruthless impresario in search of perfection. With outstanding performances, the sparkling beauty of Jack Cardiff’s cinematography, Oscar-winning sets and music, and a hallucinatory and unforgettable central dance, this beloved classic, now dazzlingly restored, is a fascinating tribute to the life of the artist.
Red Shoes was restored by the UCLA Film and Television Archive in association with the BFI, the Film Foundation, ITV Global Entertainment Ltd and Janus Films. The restoration was funded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, the Film Foundation and Louis B. Meyer.
Read the full synopsis and listen to our film review on 21/09/2021.
- The new high-definition master of the award-winning 2009 digital restoration, with uncompressed mono soundtrack on Blu-ray edition
- Introductory screening of the restoration with director Martin Scorsese
- Audio commentary by film historian Ian Christie with interviews with stars Marius Gehring and Moira Shearer, cinematographer Jack Cardiff, composer Brian Isdale and Scorsese.
- The Profile of Red Shoes is a documentary about the making of the film with interviews with members of the production team.
- A video interview with director Michael Powell’s widow, Thelma Schoonmaker Powell, from the 2009 Cannes Film Festival, in which she talks about Powell, the film, and its restoration.
- Sound recording of actor Jeremy Irons reading excerpts from Powell and Pressburger’s novel “The Red Shoes.”
- A collection of rare publicity and behind-the-scenes photos
- A gallery of objects from Scorsese’s personal collection, The Red Shoes
- The sketches of “Red Shoes,” an animated film with a storyboard by Hein Hekroth, using the ballet “Red Shoes” as an alternative point of view.
- An audio recording of Irons reading the original fairy tale “The Red Shoes” by Hans Christian Andersen.
- The trailer of the film
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: A booklet with a new essay by critic David Ehrenstein and a description of the restoration by UCLA film archivist Robert Gitt.
The new cover of F. Ron Miller
Eagle-Lion Films released Red Shoes on October 22, 1948. Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger directed the film with Anton Walbrook, Marius Goring and Moira Shearer.
User evaluation :
Be the first!
the red shoes full movie,criterion collection,michael powell,the red shoes (1983),criterion collection australia,a matter of life and death criterion,criterion films canada,red shoes and the seven dwarfs